Monday, February 23, 2009

Back and Forth.

I got back from New York last night, did a little Spanish homework,some fancy footwork with my schedule next week, hung out with J for a while, then went to bed.

I wasn't going to, but now I am going to, go back to New York this weekend for the Lizzie Borden showcase. When the performance was rescheduled for a Monday, I told T and the producers that I wouldn't be able to be there because of my classes, but T strong-armed me a little -- at one point Saturday night, he threatened to wait till I went to bed, buy a plane ticket, and then in the morning dare me to say no -- and the more I thought about it, the crazier it seemed to miss this event. This is the kind of thing I've worked for and hoped for years and years. It's a big deal. I realized I was being superstitious about school, that missing a couple days of classes was not in any way going to jeopardize my finishing my degree, was not going to really matter in the long run AT ALL.

The show is on Monday, so I will miss Monday and Tuesday's classes next week. I managed to reschedule a midterm exam in my Stage Rigging class and an in-class composiciĆ³n in Spanish. I'm scheduled to do a short presentation in my Postmodern America class next Tuesday morning, and I'm hoping someone will switch days with me.

No comments: