Sunday, August 23, 2009

Morning.

I woke up at 5 and lay in bed for almost an hour before I decided I wasn't going to go back to sleep so I got up. I slept 6 hours, which is plenty. This waking up too early insomnia happened fairly frequently when I was in school. I associated it with nervousness about finishing papers or being ready for exams. Maybe now it's due to excitement about going to New York soon, the show. And projecting further into the future -- but not further enough for comfort -- I could be worried about things when I get back from New York next month. The old what-am-I-going-to-do-with-the-rest-of-my-life stress.

When it happens, I do enjoy being up before everyone else for a while, making coffee and reading blogs in the silence. Dawn out the window. It reminds me of living alone, which I always liked up to a point. That point being the point at which I would get lonely and a little too much in my head.

No comments: