Thursday, August 20, 2009

Trust Me. Stay Away.

Summer in Texas is a living hell. If you have any say in the matter, do not come here any time from May to September. It's an absolute nightmare, and it has defeated me. I have tried over and over and over to change my attitude toward it and it has defeated me. The heat is absolutely relentless, and it brings out a rage in me that scares me.

I'm sure one reason I have found it so hard to blog this summer is that, whenever I sit down to write, all I feel moved to do is whine about how goddamn hot it is. I think there have been a half dozen or fewer days since the first week of June when the afternoon temperature has been under 100. And not much under 100. I'm sure everyone around me is sick of hearing me complain. I'm sick of hearing me complain.

I have to find some way to get out of here in the summers.

1 comment:

jdjb said...

Maybe it'll be different when you have a car and don't have to walk in the 100 degrees all the time and ride the bus. Or you could move back to SF - but you didn't like all the rain there...