Sunday, March 11, 2007

Food!

Our box from Johnson's Farm contained two beautiful small heads of romaine lettuce, spinach, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, 3 big beets with their greens, chard, mustard greens, 3 sweet potatoes, daikon and various other radishes.

This morning I scrambled eggs with some of the spinach, one of my favorite breakfasts. I set out to make spring rolls for lunch, but I realized I had the wrong type of wrappers -- I had the thick wheat ones instead of the very thin rice paper. I thought I could use them anyway, but I couldn't work with them, so we ate the filling as a salad and it was delicious: lettuce, cilantro, ginger, garlic, grated carrots and radishes, sesame oil, tamari, peanut butter, chopped peanuts, lime juice, rice vinegar, Sambal chili paste.

No comments: