Saturday, February 3, 2007

The Feds.

It's one in the morning, and I just filled out my federal tax return. I thought I'd do it as early as I can because I need it for my financial aid application. (I'm applying to U.T.) And, I thought I might get a small refund. Did I mention I have no money?

No refund. In fact, I have to pay $128! What a fucking drag. (Earlier tonight, Jay and I watched "Waco: Rules of Engagement," a great documentary about the FBI massacre of the Branch Davidians, so my opinion of the federal government tonight is ... on the low side.)

I made about $16,000 last year. I'm pretty impressed that I got by on so little money. Not only did that cover my living expenses (including six months in San Francisco, one of the most expensive cities in the world), but I was paying about $300/month on my credit card debt from Life in a Box. I pat myself on the back. And now I'll go cry myself to sleep. Just kidding.

Good night.

No comments: