Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Everything but.

I can't seem to focus today and stick to my schedule. To be honest, I've been having trouble for the last couple of weeks sticking to my schedule. I do well with the first part of the day, which consists of about two and a half hours (depending on when I get up, I have until noon) to read the paper, have breakfast, and do email. Then from noon till one, I take a shower and meditate. From one to four I write. All these activities are generally going well, though, in the last few days, I haven't really done much concentrated writing. I'm doing quite a bit of reading now, research for the screenplay I'm writing, so I've been rationalizing that I can do the research reading during my writing time, so that I don't cut into my scheduled reading time, during which I have a stack of non-research books to read.

Then from four to five, I eat. Okay, that's going fine, too. But, from five to six, I'm supposed to journal. I haven't done that for over a week. From six to eight, I'm supposed to work on my U.T. application. I've been procrastinating on that. I have most of it done, and I still have a few weeks before the deadline, but there are two essays I need to finish and I haven't even started on the financial aid application.

From eight to midnight, I read or occasionally I watch a movie or go out for a beer. (Well, I can't go out for a beer now, because I don't have any money, but I can watch a movie from Greencine.com (those are already paid for) or sometimes Jay rents a movie and we watch that.)

But today. I did laundry. That wasn't on the schedule but had to be done. (I need to give myself a regular errand and miscellaneous activity day.) And the last couple of hours, I've been reading blogs, looking at naked body parts on the craiglist mfm listings, listening to music, melting cheese on top of a rice cake.

No comments: