Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Coffee, Iced Coffee, Beer.

I'm not a real Austinite yet, because I don't carry a water bottle around with me wherever I go.

I make a pot of coffee in the morning, which yields 3 mugs of strong coffee to drink while I read the paper. Sometimes J will have a cup, but not often. If he has a cup, then I make another pot, because I have to have at least 3 cups or I'm not done. I put what's left in the fridge for iced coffee later.

Usually in the afternoon, I have at least one tall glass of iced coffee. I like iced tea, but I like it sweetened whereas coffee I drink unsweetened. But I can't drink it black. I have to have some milk or half and half. So it's a choice between sugar and fat, isn't it? Also, when I have an iced tea, I only want another and another. One iced coffee is enough.

Around 6 or 7, I want a beer. I want to sit on the porch and drink a cold beer. Now, one beer definitely makes me want another, but that's an urge I usually fight off or I'd be out cold every night by 9.

I hardly ever drink water. And I hardly ever feel thirsty. Every once in a while, I feel suddenly, extremely thirsty, but that happens very seldom.

No comments: