Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What My Bathroom Smells Like.

Sorry to go on so about this, but, besides a lot of reading and thinking, it's the only thing going on in my life this week.

I decided, being a little stir-crazy after spending the whole rainy day in my room, that I would go out for a couple beers. Wednesdays there's live music at my favorite bar, and it's hit or miss as far as quality of the bands, but I need to get out of the house.

I wanted to brush my teeth before leaving -- I had rice with shredded zucchini and pesto for dinner -- but A was in the bathroom. So I waited. And waited. And waited. Still in there.

Half an hour later, someone emerges and closes the door behind him. I didn't see who it was, I just heard the door open and close and saw a shadow pass my bedroom door. Two minutes later, someone else emerges. I go in to brush my teeth, and the bathroom smells like pussy. And not faintly.

Right now, any attempt to convey my feelings about this will make me look foolish or misogynistic -- both of which I'm sure I am at times -- so I'll just let it be for tonight.

No comments: